Matters.Cloud announces partnership with Sage Business Cloud Accounting
This release just in from Matters.Cloud, which becomes the first legal practice management software listed on the Sage Marketplace:
Matters.Cloud, a provider of cloud based practice management software to the legal industry, today announced a new partnership with Sage to make Matters.Cloud available via the Sage Marketplace.
Matters.Cloud (www.matters.cloud) enables legal professionals to track time and expenses, manage clients and matters, raise invoices, develop opportunities and keep up to date with tasks all within a single cloud based platform.
The newly announced integration allows existing customers of Sage Business Cloud Accounting to take advantage of the benefits of Matters.Cloud including:
- Providing insight, whether they are a single lawyer or operating as part of a larger firm.
- Bringing together key information related to clients, contacts and matters.
- Helping to break down matters into key phases and tasks.
- Enter time and expenses in line with legal industry standards.
- Simplifying processes like raising invoices, capturing payments and managing client funds.
- Freeing up time to focus on winning new opportunities.
- Providing access both in the office and on the go, via our mobile experience.
Details of clients, invoices, credit notes, receipts and write-offs will automatically synchronise with Sage’s online accounting software.
This approach allows small and mid-sized law firms to take advantage of Sage Business Cloud Accounting capabilities including integration with online banking platforms, payroll, VAT and corporation tax.
Sage Business Cloud Accounting is currently available to customers in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Spain, United States, Canada and France.
“We are excited to be the first provider of legal practice management software via the Sage Marketplace. Sage Business Cloud Accounting provides the capabilities needed for small and mid-sized law firms to take control of their business finances”, said Donna Flanagan, Client Engagement Manager at Matters.Cloud.