May issue Legal IT Insider newsletter out now!
Welcome to the latest issue of the Legal IT Insider newsletter (May 2014, issue 273)
TOP STORIES INCLUDE:
• Better together say Aderant after buying Redwood from Lexis Nexis: Take two BI systems into the shower? Yes, says Mike Barry of Aderant, you now have a choice of ClearView and Redwood Analytics, because you are worth it. And the “tribal knowledge” Redwood aggregated data may be returning.
• Who’s in & who’s out? All this month’s wins, deals, swapouts & rollouts from the UK, US, EMEA, APAC and the Rest of the World including the latest Elite, BigHand, Tikit, Aderant, Intapp & DocsCorp deals.
• Lexis scores an Elite swapout: The new LexisOne PMS has scored its most significant win to-date, knocking out Elite Envision at London top 100 law firm Wedlake Bell.
• Winners & Losers: We look at the latest UK law firm mergers and ask who will be the winners and losers among the legal IT vendors.
• All change for Dave Webber: new brand and new channel partner for UK legal IT software veteran.
• Ciao Huron Legal as Roy Russell breaks away to relaunch Ascertus. (And Nigel Murray is back as an independent consultant!)
• Brands reunited: It’s official, iManage is dead, the new name for the legal sector’s favorite DMS is HP WorkSite.
• All the Whys: Why Workshare has taken out a $8.4m loan + Why Irish lawyers have been surveyed and they ain’t happy + Why one law school has set up its own pro bono law firm and now needs legal IT.
• The Legal proofreading market turns competitive: new start-ups XRef and Scribestar set to take of Thomson Reuters, Lexis and Microsystems.
• Quote, Unquote: “The best practice is to curate valuable content. This means content that inspires, amuses, informs or assists people.” …Guy Kawasaki on how businesses can grow their social media presence.
And in Dilbert: the CEO says “Watch me define acceptable behavior, align your goals with company objectives, maintain a positive attitude and preted to care.” That’s leadership for you.
Our next issue will be out on Tuesday 1st July 2014
• If you are on the email distribution list you will be receiving your copy anytime now
• You can also download the digital edition (it is a 1.8 Mb PDF file) FREE of charge HERE
• You can also sign up to receive your FREE copy direct to your email inbox by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the words Digital Subs in the header or by using the sign-up facility on this site here legaltechnology.com/latest-newsletter/
• If you want to forward on a copy of this newsletter to a friend, please do
• If you are waiting for the print edition – that’s in the hands of the postal services
• If you use our Legal IT Insider Newsletter app – that is out now