Welcome to the latest issue of the Legal IT Insider magazine (May 2013, issue 264) – which also incorporates our UK, American and APAC Legal Technology Insider newsletters.
• If you are on the email distribution list you will be receiving your copy anytime now
• You can also download the digital edition (it is a 2.7Mb PDF file) FREE of charge here Legal IT Insider (264) May 2013
• We also have a flip-page version of the newsletter for you. It does contain Flash which may not work on an iPad unless you are running the Puffin web browser. You can access the page-flip version here http://issuu.com/charleschristian/docs/insider264?e=4236740/2930423
TOP STORIES INCLUDE:
• Who’s in & who’s out: all May’s wins, deals, swapouts & rollouts from the UK, US, EMEA, APAC and Rest of the World
• As Google would say: it’s called Capitalism, with BigHand, Civica, IRIS, Advanced Legal, Rocket Lawyer, UBIC and Whiptail
• LawTech Futures 2013 delivers the Wow ! factor – and Ray Kurzweil promises a brighter future for us all, with 3D printing, nanotechnology and solar power
• Have we got new apps for you… from ProLaw, Nexum, Hugo Dictation, Stroz Friedberg – and JuryPad says “we know where you live”
• New infographic: Australian lawyers are working longer hours – and it looks like it’s going to get worse
• Thought Leader Comment: Charles Christian on why do legal IT vendors spend so much time bigging-up their rivals instead of differentiating their own products
• Fresh on the radar and new products with Onelog + JLIT + Workshare + NetDocuments + Microsystems + Total Cloud + BillBLAST (great name for an ebilling system BTW) + Morning Waves mobile time recording + OchreSoft + Lawyer Checker
• Plus ediscovery news + people news – it’s goodbye to Ruth Baker of the SCL + vital statistics – nearly half a million small law firms in the USA !
• Plus Five of the Best – the editor’s pick of some of the best stories from the website
• And Dilbert on telecommuting
Our next issue will be out on Wednesday 26 June 2013