More clarifications from Open Text on the future of Hummingbird DMS
Open Text has released major new details of its product integration plans following its recent acquisition of Hummingbird. The plans provide a range of 2007 deliverables, including details on continued support for Livelink ECM eDOCS products, new product integrations and new ECM solutions that will help customers improve processes and manage compliance.
“With the plans we’re announcing, Livelink ECM eDOCS customers will be able to maximise the value of their investments and plan an ECM strategy that meets the needs of their organisations over the long term,” said Kirk Roberts, Executive Vice President of Products, Solutions and Marketing at Open Text. “Complementary Open Text and Hummingbird technologies will allow us to offer the best in ECM solutions and expertise, and give customers more powerful ways to control and manage content across the enterprise.”
Some of the highlights from the 2007 commitments released today to customers and partners include:
• Support for the 2007 Microsoft Office System and Windows Vista: Open Text has accelerated plans to support the 2007 Microsoft Office System and Windows Vista with Livelink ECM – eDOCS DM. Livelink ECM – eDOCS is recognised for its rich client interface and tight integration with Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Outlook. The rich client interfaces that leverage Microsoft Office and Outlook as primary user interfaces are key parts of Open Text’s Livelink ECM 10 plans. Livelink ECM 10 will include an advanced new interface that provides access to all business content from within familiar Microsoft applications, including Microsoft Outlook.
• Contract Management Solutions: Open Text plans to combine complementary contract management solutions from both companies to offer customers the most comprehensive solution on the market for contract creation, negotiation, contract fulfilment and renewals.
• Focus on Government and Records Management Certification: Open Text will continue with plans to recertify Livelink ECM eDOCS's records management capabilities under U.S. Department of Defense 5015.2-STD (including Chapter 4), an important requirement for records management solutions used by government customers. Open Text will seek recertification for the software in April 2007. Last month Open Text announced that it received US Department of Defense certifications for its other records management solutions, including two that provide record management for use with Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003 and SAP solutions.
• Legal Market Solutions: Open Text is also reaffirming commitments made in an announcement just after the acquisition to support Livelink ECM eDOCS DM and LegalKEY solutions for law firms. Open Text will continue to enhance these offerings in order to ensure that the specific needs of law firms are met.
• Email Management: Open Text will continue to support the Livelink ECM eDOCS integration strategy with leading archiving vendors.
Also in 2007, Open Text is planning to introduce product integrations that bring new capabilities to Livelink ECM eDOCS customers, including many of the innovations being rolled out in Livelink ECM 10. Priorities for 2007 include:
• Enterprise Library Services, Livelink ECM 10’s tightly integrated content archiving, metadata management, search and enterprise records management. Enterprise Library Services help customers implement a true enterprise-wide retention management strategy to satisfy corporate compliance mandates.
• New features from Livelink ECM 10 that offer access to business content in major ERP systems, such as SAP solutions, from users' familiar Microsoft Outlook interface.
• Open Text's enterprise-class business process management capabilities to extend Livelink ECM eDOCS Workflow.
• Open Text's Artesia Digital Asset Management to allow customers to manage rich media in the same powerful ways as other business content via the Livelink ECM eDOCS suite.
The plans announced today follow two additional integration initiatives announced in the Fall: Integration of RedDot Solutions' software with Open Text's Livelink ECM – Web Content Management Server; and integration of Hummingbird's advanced reporting, dashboard and analytics capabilities with Open Text Internal Controls and other compliance solutions. Initial versions of these integrations were demonstrated for customers at Open Text's recent LiveLinkUp user conference in November.
Summit 2007 Conference, February
Open Text will follow the release of the latest plans with a more detailed roadmap to be unveiled at its Summit 2007 Conference in February, the first opportunity for Hummingbird customers and partners to meet face to face with Open Text's executives, and hear about the company's strategy and vision.