MS SERVER SUPPORT ENGINEER – Central Manchester, perm to £60k plus bens
MS SERVER SUPPORT ENGINEER – Central Manchester, perm to £60k plus benefits
Skills required: MS Windows Server 2008 2012 Exchange AD Hyper-V VMWare SAN HP 3PAR EVA MSA MSL Lefthand XioTech LAN WAN TCP/IP DDNS IPSec DHCP Cisco
Enterprise Network Analyst / Server Support Engineer required by our client, a global professional services firm, to be located out of its shared service centre, based Central Manchester. You will be maintaining the server and storage platform – MS Windows Server 2008 / 2012 and HP EVA SAN – assisting in the administration and support of the Messaging Architecture (inc. Exchange, mail archiving and mobile messaging). You will ensure a consistent server platform, install relevant technologies, report on performance, assist in complex support issues, create systems documentation, help manage projects and assist with disaster recovery planning amongst other duties. You should have good experience working in a high-availability server infrastructure environment and possess strong communication skills allied to a strong service-oriented mind set.
On offer is an attractive salary to £60k plus generous employee package to include bonus.
KEY SKILLS & BACKGROUND
To be considered you should possess the following:
– technology degree or diploma (or be qualified by experience), as well as either MCSE, MCSA or MCITP qualifications
– strong track record in installation, administration and support of Windows 2003/2008 and MS Active Directory (AD) / MS Exchange
– support of Enterprise backup and storage networks (such as HP EVA / MSA, 3PAR, MSL, LeftHand and XioTech)
– support and maintenance of disaster recovery and high-availability systems (Hyper-V and Inmage)
– experience of LAN/WAN networking (inc. TCP/IP, DDNS, IPSec and DHCP)
– remote access technologies such as VPN and RSA SecureID
Other desirable skills include: VB Scripting, MS IIS, Anti Virus, Cisco
ABOUT THE ROLE
Prepares and maintains the firm’s server platform
Plan, install and maintain a server lab for pre-production testing
Design, plans, installs and reports on the performance and status of servers, storage and DR systems
Creates documentation, assists with enterprise projects plus other server / storage related activities
Call or Email email@example.com now for more details on this exciting opportunity.