Network Architect (WAN optimisation project) Ref: 12798
Key skills: WAN optimisation, multi-site experience, riverbed steelhead, cisco, architecture roadmap, strategic deign.
AS a Network Architect you will take responsibility for technical leadership on various network projects, with the focus somewhat on WAN, and optimisation projects.
You will be accountable for the technical design and architecture and documentation of solutions, it is important to be able to communicate with business members in order to ensure your design and future strategy meets the business requirements
• Deliver architecture for network projects
• Design and documentation of new network services
• Work on the network roadmap, including plan for future technology
• Producing complete network and WAN architecture in accordance with an formal methodology (eg TOGAF)
• Specifying and designing global multi-site WAN solution, including optimisation and load balancing technologies
• Multi-site WAN connectivity
• WAN optimisation/ acceleration
• Understanding of the impact citrix has on the network design
• Understanding of how Cloud, SaaS and PaaS can be beneficial and how to integrate this
• Ability to liaise with the business and non-technical staff.
Please note this role is 100% architecture and not suitable for someone who is currently working hands-on with networks or project implementation.
£665 per day