IntApp Inc has just announced the general availability of IntApp Open, a fresh approach to new business acceptance. IntApp Open replaces conventional build it yourself workflow software with an application specifically designed to streamline how new clients are evaluated and new matters are created. It can be deployed quickly and is easy to configure and adapt over time without engaging external consulting services. Once implemented, it provides an intuitive, audience-specific user experience, tuned for management, lawyer, risk and IT stakeholders.
“We looked at several software options to improve the way our firm evaluates and accepts new clients and matters before deciding to partner closely with IntApp, “ said Paul Caris, Chief Information Officer, Eversheds LLP. “We have been very impressed with the scope of functionality and product design IntApp delivers, and have found them to be a most responsive and straightforward vendor to work with.”
IntApp Open is a new business intake application. It doesn’t require firms to wrestle with development tools like Visual Studio and Windows Workflow, or write a single line of custom code. It doesn’t complicate process design and management by requiring the use of Visio, SharePoint or other third-party tools or plug-ins. And it doesn’t rely on a vendor services model that backs promises of “templates” and “ease of use” with a consulting team eager to design, build and bill for custom development and change orders (both during initial implementation and throughout the life of the project). Instead, IntApp took a fresh approach, designed to promote immediate customer self-service and long term customer success.
IntApp Open is the result of a multi-year R&D initiative that included input from an advisory group comprising law firms, insurance providers and other industry experts. This collaboration resulted in the development of unique features, including a flexible business rules engine that enables effective management of practice-specific matter evaluation procedures as well as conflicts clearance practices that may be centralized, distributed among lawyers and practice heads, or both, depending on firm preferences.
The product also includes an integrated question library that provides visibility into the practices, standards and insights developed by industry peers. And it delivers unique value for IT, with an architecture that simplifies change management, data integration and system automation.
“We’ve been working closely with IntApp for many years to successfully address a variety of risk management challenges at our firm,” said Ann Ostrander, Sr. Director of Loss Prevention, Kirkland & Ellis LLP. “We were pleased to expand that partnership and help support the evolution of IntApp Open because new business acceptance continues to top the list of law firm risk management concerns, and IntApp brings the right mix of experience, technology and skill to tackle this important challenge.”
Built with a Philosophy that Puts Customers First
IntApp Open is designed to deliver on five key principles, squarely focused on enabling law firm success:
1. It Puts Firms in Control – IntApp Open delivers on the simple notion that business users should be able to quickly and intuitively design, implement and change business processes — without having to pay for vendor consultants, issue change orders, wrestle with external tools, or wait for IT to custom code updates. The business landscape changes rapidly – intake needs to be able to do the same.
2. It’s Built Specifically for Business Acceptance – IntApp Open is not a generalized BPM platform or assembled toolkit of third-party software like Visio, Windows Workflow and SharePoint. Instead, it’s designed specifically for intake, allowing business analysts to create and modify processes, while preserving IT’s ability to control, manage and set ground rules for how processes are implemented and updated over time.
3. It Makes Broad Adoption Easy – IntApp Open provides management, lawyers, risk and other stakeholders with the consumer-grade experience users expect from modern software applications. It’s attractive, intuitive and responsive. And it delivers information intelligently, with role-specific views and to-do lists. The net result is that those who participate in the intake process will finally enjoy the experience.
4. It Intelligently Manages Information – IntApp provides the legal industry standard for application and data integration. IntApp Open leverages this experience and technology to offer extensive integration with key firm business software applications, to eliminate double data entry and to automate post-inception setup of matter workspaces and the tools used by lawyers to collaborate and create work product.
5. It Unlocks Unique Business Value – Adopting IntApp Open enables firms to leverage additional IntApp software to tackle objectives beyond inception, including improving client service, enhancing lawyer satisfaction, managing team activity and increasing firm revenue. Firms also benefit from IntApp’s long-term vision for enhancing client engagement management, leveraging the Open platform.
“The legal community has been asking us to tackle business acceptance for years, but we waited to enter the market until we had something truly innovative to offer – something that didn’t repeat the mistakes of existing products, or take the same shortcuts,” said Pat Archbold, head of IntApp’s Risk Practice Group. “IntApp Open provides a fresh approach to intake, because traditional workflow toolkits, with their ‘build-your-own-adventure’ philosophies, don’t need to be ‘re-invented,’ they need to be replaced.”