New product launch + webinar later today
The Payne Group, a long time provider in security software and automation tools, has announced the release of Outlook Send Assistant, which verifies recipient email addresses and warns the user if the message is being sent under a variety of different and potentially damaging circumstances such as to a distribution list or using Reply To All.
When used in conjunction with Outlook 2000 or higher and on HTML formatted -mails, Outlook Send Assistant can be configured to fit many different gotcha scenarios that users may experience. In addition, optional notification prompts can be established to remind users to add specific snippets of language such as marketing information, an attorney-client communication footer or the US IRS Circular 230 Disclosure.
With many customization options, Outlook Send Assistant can:
• Determine if there is an external email address contained in the TO, CC or BCC recipient list; and confirm if the user would like to edit the email or continue sending;
• Detect Reply To All usage and prompt the user by asking if they would actually like to reply to all recipients (customizable with any firm-specific language);
• Notify recipient of BCC status and prevent related disclosure;
• Check for the use of Firm Distribution Lists and verify that the user intended to use them as recipients;
• Designate Global Address List (GAL) Distribution Lists as automatically trusted;
• Prompt the user to include a variety of configured disclaimers or marketing messages at the bottom of the email message.
If you want to learn more, there is a brief (15 minute) webinar scheduled for later today (8:30 – 8:45 EDT/5:30-5:45 UK time) looking at the key features of this new system.
System Requirements: PC-based attendees – Windows 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista
Macintosh-based attendees – Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or newer
Space is limited, to reserve a seat visit: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/940551841