Sherry Bevan Consulting Ltd has just published what is believed to be the world’s first Law Firm Service Desk Report. The data in the report is based on responses from more than 30 law firms to a survey conducted during January and February 2013. Further insight was gained from interviews with law firm heads of IT, CIOs, service delivery managers, recruitment agencies and ITIL consultants.
Sherry Bevan says: “The IT service desk is absolutely pivotal to the success or perception of success of IT. Yet so many of the service desk surveys and reports currently available are not law firm specific and therefore the data is not relevant to our unique environment.”
The responses collected represent a variety of law firm sizes, locations and environments. The firms who responded range in size from 35 to 5000 users with a huge diversity in the number of staff working in IT. In total, the report represents 25,000 law firm users and 61,000 calls per month (731,000 per year).
The findings include:
• Average calls per user: The average number of calls or incidents per user per month is 2.42.
• Average annual salary: The average annual salary for a service desk analyst in a law firm is £24,875.
• ITIL implementation: Of the ITIL disciplines, incident management is the most likely to be implemented (93%), followed by problem management (75%) and change management (52%).
• Self-service: 36% of law firms have provided their users with the option of self-service to log incidents.
• Rating service satisfaction: 30% of law firms never ask their users to rate the customer service that they receive and 19% only measure this once a year.
The full report is available to download at http://www.sherrybevan.co.uk/knowledge_base.php