Nominations now open for the Halsbury's Awards
LexisNexis UK and Halsbury’s (publisher of Halsbury’s Laws of England & Wales) has announced that the Halsbury’s Awards 2011 are open for nominations.
Established in 2007 by the BIALL Awards & Bursaries Committee in conjunction with LexisNexis, the Halsbury’s Awards recognise, celebrate and reward the dedicated performance and outstanding service given by legal information services, law libraries and those teams managing legal collections and resources. This year the categories are:
• Best Legal Information Service (Non-Commercial Sector) – for non-fee charging operations in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales, including the academic sector, government libraries and special libraries/information services.
• Best Legal Information Service (Commercial Sector) – for law firms and other legal information services that operation commercial, fee-charging services in Wales, Scotland, Ireland and all areas of England outside the M25.
• Best Legal Information Service (Commercial Sector) – London Only – for law firms and other legal information services that operate commercial, fee-charging services in the greater London area (within the M25).
Nominations can be made by:
• The service providers themselves
• Other legal information professionals who knowand use the service
• Any legal professionals with experience of the service.
• In the commercial sector, where an organisation has more than one information service, nominations for the same firm can be made in different categories (i.e. a London office can be nominated for the London Legal Information Services (commercial) while an office in, for example, Manchester can also be nominated for the Regional Award).
The Award Committee, who adjudicates on the nominations, is composed of senior BIALL officers, the Chair of ABC and representatives from LexisNexis. The Halsbury's Awards are presented annually and the winners receive a trophy and a prize courtesy of LexisNexis. The awards will be presented as part of the BIALL Annual Conference, which this year will take place in Newcastle on 16th June. Nominations will close on the 20th May. Nominate here www.lexislegalintelligence.co.uk/intelligence/biall