Operations Analyst (Paid Internship)
Legatics is a high growth and highly acclaimed start-up at the heart of the UK’s booming LegalTech market. We are on a mission to transform the $600bn market for legal services worldwide and to bring the management of legal transactions into the 21st Century. The Legatics platform is an end-to-end legal transaction management platform focused on efficiency and client experience, transforming traditional paper and email based legal processes into simple and highly automated software.
Legatics’ software is already used by some of the world’s largest law firms on award winning transactions that make the front pages of the global business press. However, we want more and we’re setting our sights on our next challenge. Following a successful fundraising round and with accelerating adoption of the Legatics platform within the legal market, Legatics is in the process of transitioning into full scale-up mode and we are currently working to improve our internal business processes to support this.
We are looking for a dynamic, high performing graduate to assist the Operations Associate with helping Legatics deliver on its strategic objectives and to support its accelerating growth at this exciting time. The ideal candidate will love to find ways to quickly solve complex problems and generally thrive by getting things done in a fast-paced environment. You will be able help Legatics transform how the legal services industry operates worldwide!
This is a paid three-month internship opportunity with the opportunity to transition to a permanent role for the right candidate.
WHAT YOU WOULD BE DOING:
• Supporting the Operations Associate in ensuring all company processes work effectively and that company goals are met and exceeded.
• Helping to prepare monthly invoices for customers accurately and ensuring that invoiced amounts are collected in a timely manner.
• Assisting with maintaining Legatics’ compliance with its information security certifications (particularly ISO27001:2017) and helping to respond to information security information requests from customers.
• Assisting with the project management of a major AI R&D project funded by Innovate UK.
• Help to identify opportunities for continual process improvement and improving efficiency and implementing solutions to meet these opportunities.
• Supporting and assisting the Legatics team in delivering key strategic projects that will enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness.
• Providing general administrative support and research on an ad-hoc basis.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
• Bachelor’s degree (2:1 minimum).
• Detail oriented and a systems thinker: you can see how everything fits together in complex systems but you don’t miss the small details when coming up with solutions to problems.
• Team player who sees their success in the whole team succeeding and who is willing to get stuck in and help out with whatever needs doing – we don’t have room for big egos!
• Highly organised and a ‘can-do, no excuses’ attitude: can you work in a fast-paced environment while keeping a number of plates spinning at once?
• You can break down complex problems into smaller ones and are comfortable applying data to help decide the best course of action using spreadsheets (Excel and Google Sheets) and other tools.
• Great communication skills – able to translate complex problems and ideas for improvement into clear, simple and accurate proposals and recommendations when communicating with team members and senior staff.
• A willingness to learn through mentoring and feedback – if things go wrong, that’s ok as long as you are able and willing to learn from the experience and improve!
• Passionate about technology and start-ups.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING (BUT DO NOT WORRY IF NOT, THESE ARE NOT ESSENTIAL):
• Background in working with commonly used tools such as Slack, Jira, Xero, Zapier etc.
• Experience with advanced analytics tools and scripting languages (SQL, Python, R).
• Experience with project management processes and tools.
• Knowledge of operations analysis, design thinking and process improvement frameworks is a plus.
• Previous experience working in a start-up, management consulting firm or other fast-paced environment.
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
• Direct exposure to the senior management team and experience being part of an exciting, high-growth company in its early stages.
• Opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of different business functions and accelerate your career development.
• Opportunity for the right candidate to grow with the company and move into a permanent role with great progression potential.
• One-to-one mentoring to help you achieve your career goals.
• Paid internship at the London living wage, with salary increasing upon successful transition to a permanent role.
• A great office located near Shoreditch with a free Nespresso coffee machine.
• Become part of a fun, friendly team.
• Regular company socials and drinks – as well as working hard, we know it is important to have time to unwind and celebrate wins.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send an email to the Operations Associate, Christopher Bond, at firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your CV and briefly explaining why you think you would be a great candidate for the role.
If we think you are suited to the role we will invite you to our London office for a coffee to allow you to learn more about the company and the role.
Only applicants who have a right to work in the UK will be considered.