People News: All the Latest Moves & Appointments + the Man Who Wouldn’t Retire
Time to catch up on some people news… starting with Aderant, who have just appointed Chris Cartrett as their new Senior Vice President of Sales. Cartrett has been in the legal industry for over 20 years and most recently served at Thomson Reuters as VP of sales & customer experience for the large law and medium law firm segment. Cartrett replaces David Flynn who resigned last year to pursue his own business interests.
• Chris Gierymski, (pictured) former president and co-founder of the National Docketing Association and director of docketing at DLA Piper, has joined law firm software provider American LegalNet (ALN) as director of business development. As ALN’s director of business development Gierymski will be responsible for the growth of ALN’s products and support in the legal domain. He will also serve as an ambassador on risk management issues as they relate to docketing support in law firms and legal departments.
• All change at CPA Global as Chief Executive Officer Peter Sewell moves into a new role as Chairman of the Company and is succeeded as CEO by Tim Griffiths. Griffiths is the former CEO and Executive Chairman of the Williams Lea Group. As Chairman, Sewell will be working closely with Griffiths, the management team and investors. Sewell joined CPA Global as Chief Executive Officer in November 1999.
• Paul Bower has joined Tikit a Business Consultant to support customers in the Midlands and North of England in a role that will include client account management, business development, content management consultancy and project delivery services.as brings with him a wealth of experience in the effective delivery of applications and desktop transformation projects within law firms. Previously at Irwin Mitchell, Paul successfully delivered an electronic filing re-platform across all commercial departments, including management of the technical design and implementation.
• New appointments at LawBase: Jim Stewart joins the company to help with promotion and sales. Prior to LawBase, Stewart has helped to provide a variety of software solutions to the legal community. And Susan Ficca joins the company as a design and brand expert. Prior to joining LawBase, Ficca worked at Dex One.
• Glenn LaForce is the new Vice President of Sales for Handshake Software. He spent the last 12 years at LexisNexis, where he headed up new business sales for the eastern United States as well as being the primary relationship partner for many of the firms in the AmLaw 200. Glenn began his career working for The Baseball Factory where he scouted & marketed high school players to college and professional teams.
• DTI, the largest private independent provider of facilities management, legal support services and middle office outsourcing solutions in the US, has appointed Scott Burton as director of sales for the West Coast market.
• Huron Consulting Group announced that Ronke Ekwensi has joined the company as a Managing Director in its Huron Legal practice. Ekwensi joins Huron from Pfizer, where she was Vice President of eDiscovery, and Records & Information Management (RIM).
• Over in the world of ediscovery, Global 7 Technologies, the creators of a cloud based electronic business data discovery and review platform, have appointed Charles Skamser as Senior Vice President for Sales & Marketing. Skamser joins from eDiscovery Solutions Group (eDSG), where he has served as CEO and senior analyst since January 2009.
• Nick Ludlow has joined Chrome River as general manager for European operations. Ludlow’s background includes years of working in project and finance roles in European law firms as well as over 10 years of practice management experience at Thomson Reuters Elite. And Claire Hook has joined Chrome River’s European operations as Project Manager. Hook brings over 16 years of experience as a finance systems analyst at Speechly Bircham, Norton Rose and Ashurst.
• And it is goodbye to… Jon Summers – the original Mr Metastorm – who is leaving OpenText “to pursue new business interests” + it is goodbye to Barry Bostoff who is leaving Thomson Reuters, where he was the senior sales consultant for Flosuite Legal + it is goodbye to Harry Townsend, who has retired (again) this time from Chrome River. Harry – the Man Who Wouln’t Retire – previously retired from Thomson Reuters Elite, only to be head-hunted back to work by Chrome River. We expect to see him again soon.