People News: Who is gone Where and Why?
Here’s a round-up of the latest legal IT and ediscovery people moves, including Steve Chivers having a “Bobby Ewing moment” and returning to Advanced Legal + Nottingham Law School PhD Silvia Hodges Silverstein moves to Sky Analytics + Rekoop recruits Vicki Mayhew to target UK mid-law firms + redundancy time at ZyLAB UK.
• Advanced Legal in the UK has appointed Steve Chivers, former Sales Director of Cognito Software, to support its existing customer base and growth plans. With more than 20 years’ experience in the legal software industry, Steve, who previously served as Managing Director of Advanced’s (then IRIS) Laserform Partnership Solutions, has returned to the business to support and further develop the FoxPro and TPS customer bases.
Steve said “This was my Dallas Bobby Ewing waking up in the shower moment. But, after five years with Cognito, I am pleased to be re-joining Advanced Legal. The business has a wealth of resources and knowledge and there are many exciting developments such as the eSubs project that I am looking forward to getting involved with. It is really important that our customers are fully aware of the investments we are making for them and I am looking forward to getting out on the road and sharing these with them.”
• Sky Analytics, a provider of legal spend management software for corporate law departments, announced the appointment of Dr. Silvia Hodges Silverstein as Vice President of Strategic Market Development. Dr. Hodges Silverstein will lead Sky Analytics’ expanded effort to educate corporate law departments on the importance and usage of legal analytics in today’s legal environment.
Most recently Dr. Hodges Silverstein held the position of Director of Research Services at CT TyMetrix, where she helped create business intelligence solutions for corporate legal departments and law firms. Dr. Hodges Silverstein is currently an Adjunct Professor of Law at Fordham Law School and a Lecturer in Law at Columbia Law School. She has also published the popular Harvard Business School case study GlaxoSmithKline: Sourcing Complex Professional Services and written a number of books, including Buying Legal: Procurement Insights and Practice. Dr. Hodges Silverstein earned her PhD at Nottingham Law School.
• Integreon has appointed Laurel Lichty as Vice President, Compliance Services. Lichty joins a team of leading legal process outsourcing (LPO) experts at Integreon who routinely advise major law firms and corporations on legal outsourcing solutions aimed at reducing both internal and external legal costs while improving operational efficiencies. Lichty will be responsible for leading the expansion and delivery of Integreon’s compliance services within its fast growing LPO business. Lichty is an international attorney with specialised experience in regulatory compliance management, anti-corruption programs, FCPA compliance, anti-money laundering training and ethics investigations. Her background includes three years as the Ethics & Compliance Manager for Smiths Group PLC.
• Time capture specialist Rekoop is looking to target the legal mid-tier with its latest sales appointment. Vicki Mayhew joins from managed service and legal sector specialist e-know.net to drive business development within the top 150-500 firms, expanding on the success already achieved in the top tier by sales head Alan Conway. Mayhew is keen to get the Rekoop message out there: “Mid-size firms are certainly receptive and our apps are some of the slickest, best-looking technology I’ve seen on my travels. Add in the Cloud delivery and proven rapid ROI and we should be able to pitch strongly and aggressively grow our share in a sector that is always looking for that enabling capability and competitive edge.”
In Ediscovery news…
• Exterro Inc has expanded its management team with the addition of Bill Piwonka as its chief marketing officer. Piwonka is now overseeing all marketing functions for the company and sits on the executive committee. Piwonka’s background is firmly rooted in B2B marketing operations. During the past 20 years he has led marketing teams and initiatives spanning strategy, product marketing, product management, demand generation, marketing communications and business development. Prior to joining Exterro, he served as VP of marketing at Janrain. Exterro has also expanded its sales team with the addition of Bobby Jahanbani as regional vice president of sales, most recently he was the North America director of sales at Datacert; and Lawrence McNamara as the director of channel partnerships and new sales executives in the Southeast and Southwest. McNamara was most recently with Symantec Clearwell.
• Vound Software has appointed Terry Steer as Head of Global Channels & Strategic Accounts. As part of the company’s international expansion in the forensics and ediscovery marketplace, Steer will be responsible for driving global channel sales and providing customer service and marketing support to Vound’s resellers and strategic corporate, law firm, law enforcement and government accounts. Most recently, Steer was the Regional Sales Manager for AccessData, where he oversaw forensic, ediscovery and cyber security business across Australia and New Zealand.
• ZyLAB has announced redundancies among its UK sales staff.