People & Places – now on the web
As part of changes we are making to the way Legal IT Insider reports on legal technology industry news, we are now carrying appointments, hires, moves and people news on the Insider website. Here is our first round-up, covering December and the first few weeks of this year…
• Congratulations to Darren Gower at Eclipse Legal Systems who has been promoted to the company’s board as Marketing Director.
• iManage specialists RBRO Solutions have appointed Salim Hashamy as the company’s new UK-based EMEA account executive. Salim has previously worked on projects with Weightmans, Pannone and DMH Stallard. He can be reached at salesEMEA@rbrosolitions.com
• The Frayman Group has completed its move to new offices in the heart of the city of London as part of its continuing expansion in the UK. The new offices are located at Gherkin Piazza, 4 Bury Street, London, EC3A 5AW. We are reliably informed by company COO Alp Hug that the new offices more space, nicer furniture, a much better coffee machine and fancier china for tea!
• Chicago-based Keno Kozie Associates has hired Mark Brophy to serve as director of IT Security & Risk Management Services. He will be responsible for developing and implementing security assessments, business continuity and risk management plans for the company’s law firm clients. Prior to joining Keno Kozie, Mark worked as the IT director of a multi-state law firm with more than 400 staff.
• New York-based TRU Staffing Partners, which specializes in the ediscovery and litigation support recruitment space, has appointed Jennifer Strand as Assistant National Manager.
• UnitedLex, a global of legal and data solutions, has expanded its Cyber Security Risk Services practice with the appointment of Jason Straight, as Senior Vice President & Chief Privacy Officer, and Ted Theisen as Managing Director, Cyber Security Consulting. Before moving into the cyber-security industry, Straight was an associate at Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson in New York. Ted Theisen was most recently with a nationwide cyber security practice and previously helped manage cyber integrity and ediscovery for the Executive Office of the President of the United States. Prior to that, he spent more than six years conducting cyber investigations for the FBI.
• CPA Global has appointed Alasdair Marnoch as Chief Financial Officer. Marnoch is a non-exec director & chairman of the Audit Committee for the UK Post Office – roles that he took on when the Post Office was formally split from the Royal Mail Group in April 2012. He was previously with the Iris Software Group.
• Law firm business intelligence specialists Iridium Technology has recently launched its Iridium Scholar program, and will be paying for the entire cost of four-year university education for deserving students in developing countries. The students must be studying in the areas that are the focus of Iridium’s business: computer science, business/accounting, or law. The first Iridium Scholar is Yuwadee Srichinlers, who will be studying pre-law in Thailand next year. www.iridium-technology.com/iridiumscholar.php