Proclaim / Case Management Developer
We are a leading personal injury law firm, based in Newcastle. We have a great opportunity for someone to join the IT Development team to help the team build and support our legal Case Management software. You will also work closely with the main stakeholders in the business to identify their requirements and translate their needs.
Main Areas of Responsibility
• Working on various development projects as required by the business and to agreed timescales. You will be responsible for prioritising your workload and meeting deadlines.
• Programming and design of the Progress SQL Case Management software, creating new workflows and templates, including the maintenance of existing workflows.
• Provide support for all case management and database related issues, including liaising with 3rd party suppliers. Assist the Service Desk and take ownership of such calls until resolution or escalation.
• Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the case management database to include regular upgrades and patching of Proclaim, as specified by the software vendor.
• Responsible for implementation and release of database changes in accordance to agreed timescales. Test releases and upgrades in a secured test environment before deployment.
• Ensure that documentation is kept upto date once implementation work is completed.
• Gather reporting requirements through stakeholder meetings and ad-hoc requests.
• Design and implement advanced reporting requests through the use of SQL and pivot tables.
• Able to work out of hours as and when required for urgent development work/project implementation.
• Assist where necessary with any training requirements and materials arising from new/amended case management workflows.
• Keep upto date with technical knowledge and industry developments.
• Able to work on projects alone or as part of a team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge and practical experience of designing and implementing workflows and reports. Experience of Proclaim is desirable.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access is essential (including VBA, pivot tables, macros, ODBC).
• Strong analytical and communication skills with the enthusiasm to learn the mechanics of a complex case management system.
• Good knowledge of database structures and design.
• Be able to work well within a team.
• Able to prioritise workload and manage multiple priorities.
• Excellent attention to detail and able to think outside of the box.
• Previous experience working within a law firm and PI case types would be advantageous.
For further details or to submit a CV email firstname.lastname@example.org