Product Manager – Peppermint Technology – Nottingham or home-based – salary negotiable
Our next generation legal software platform extends beyond traditional practice and case management software. While we encompass all the services you would expect from a market leading practice and case management system, the Peppermint Platform does so much more. Our solution is built with the future in mind and without the constraints of legacy technology.
We are a team of passionate individuals who are changing the landscape of legal IT. Using the very latest Microsoft technology, and backed with significant financial investment, we are delivering the next generation legal software platform to enable Law firms, the ABS and in-house Legal teams to outperform. We exist to make life easier for anyone involved in UK legal services.
For this new post we are looking for someone commercially and technically minded with a real passion for technology and an obsession for a great customer experience.
To shape and define the features and functionality in the Peppermint Platform to meet and exceed current and future market requirements, such that the Peppermint Platform is the best product in its sector. This will include in-depth involvement and close participation in the full product process, from requirements gathering and definition through to product release.
1. Contribute to the definition of product roadmap from high-level to functional requirements
2. Ensure that development resources are utilised on items that will provide the best return for Peppermint
3. Ensure that the software meets customer, regulatory, and technical requirements
4. Ensure that using our software is a pleasurable experience for our users
5. Ensure that both product and sector knowledge is current and up to date, including prediction of market requirements based on analysis of internal and external market influences
6. Participate in management of release and transition process
7. Where necessary, participate in pre-sales and post-sales activities
8. Communicate with non-technical users and business people, both one to one and in group or online scenarios, to gain an understanding of requirements and, where necessary, negotiate with them to arrive at practical solutions
9. Take requirements and translate them into individual user stories, written to a level of detail such that the developers can begin production
10. Prioritise backlog of requirements to provide the best return for us and our customers
11. Produce Product Management Process artefacts, such as trigger documents, release checklists etc.
12. Work with the development team during production, providing steering and guidance where needed
13. Undertake in-depth research and investigation into market and customer requirements
14. Work within defined Product Management Process
15. Identify and help to implement process improvements around Product Management and Software Development Lifecycle
Key Relationships will be with the Head of Product Management, current and prospective customers, Developers, and Sales and Service Delivery teams
• Software company experience is essential, preferably supplying to the legal sector and ideally involved in defining software requirements
• Experience of development methodologies, particularly agile but also waterfall
• Experience of leading and participating in customer meetings
• Previous experience of Product Management advantageous
• Some development experience advantageous but not essential
• Some database experience and/or report writing experience advantageous but not essential
• Market experience of existing legal solutions advantageous but not essential
• Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience advantageous but not essential
• Experience of financial systems, particularly legal, advantageous but not essential
Please apply with full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org