Philadelphia, PA – Prosperoware, a leading enterprise software company delivering innovative technology transforming the business of legal and professional services, has announced its 2nd Annual Praxis, The Umbria Conference, will be held at the Loews Sapphire Falls Resort in Orlando, March 7-9th. Praxis 2017 is designed to answer today’s most challenging question for law firms: how can firms deliver services at the right price for clients while ensuring sustainable profitability? Praxis combines theory and solution, featuring some of the industry’s most influential leaders, plus two days of hands-on training for Umbria, the industry’s only enterprise class, data first practice management platform for matter delivery, business development, firm-centric, and client-centric financial management.
The change in the legal industry model is permanent, and innovative firms are gaining competitive advantage by adapting. There’s a shift from siloed, single-purpose applications to more comprehensive process-based solutions. Umbria is the only technology to combine pricing, budgeting, BI, analytics, and profitability data into a unified platform that holistically serves the business development, firm-centric, and client-centric financial management needs of law firms in today’s hypercompetitive market.
Praxis 2017 attendees will engage in provocative sessions kicking-off with a keynote from international leadership expert and futurist Keith Coats. Also featured are sessions led by: industry expert and primary author of Unless You Ask: A Guide For Law Departments To Get More From Their External Relationships, Casey Flaherty; Chief Practice Management Officer, Perkins Coie, Toby Brown; Director of Pricing and Legal Project Management, K&L Gates, Bart Gabler; Chief Pricing and LPM Officer, Steptoe, Linda Novosel; and, Director of Pricing and Legal Project Management Ballard Spahr LLP, Melissa Prince, amongst others. Topics to be covered include “Monitoring and Predictability,” “CLOC Initiatives,” and “Partner Compensation in your Profitability Model.”
Hands-on Umbria sessions at Praxis will incorporate the four primary aspects of the enterprise-class platform: matter delivery, business development, firm-centric, and client-centric financial management—and will be held Monday and Tuesday of the event. The training sessions are designed to help firms maximize the value of their Umbria investments and include targeted sessions on modules including: Umbria Experience, Umbria Profitability, and Umbria Budgeting.
- Umbria Experience, a key module for business development, uses data documented in time entries to organize and evaluate information critical to the firm to track matters, engagements, and people to improve business development. Umbria Experience makes it easy to profile matters and engagements to analyze business opportunities, automate proposal generation, and assign resources.
- Umbria Profitability, a key module for firm-centric financial management, delivers real-time BI, MI, and integrated financials for the new business model and helps firms to fully compute profitability under any arrangement, with a budgeting capability that incorporates all firm expenses.
- Umbria Budgeting facilitates LPM and process management, key for client-centric financials. Umbria Budgeting empowers firms to deliver quality work at predictable pricing through monitoring and management of matters in real time with intuitive dashboards, and integrated processes.
Prosperoware president, Keith Lipman, comments: “As we head into our 2nd Annual Praxis event, we couldn’t be more pleased by the momentum and energy behind our Umbria platform, especially after seeing such staggering growth in our customer base. Firms are benefitting now from Umbria’s unified interface, comprehensive data platform, and integrated workflow and processes. This is the conversation we set out to create—and we look forward to Praxis’ think tank structure to move us all forward even more.”
Prosperoware is an enterprise software company focusing on law firms, corporate legal departments, and professional services. Our customers include half of the G20 and Am Law 200, 64% of the Am Law 100, many large global corporations, and the Big Four accounting firms. Our innovative software transforms how professionals work and enables firms to deliver more value to clients while protecting profitability. We empower firms to reduce costs, improve profitability, and better compete by:
- Enforcing and automating information governance with a focus on security and risk management
- Improving relationships with clients by delivering predictable fees and beneficial insight into the work performed
- Empowering professionals to leverage modern profitability metrics, which drive truly informed pricing, budgeting, and delivery decisions
Our teams work primarily from offices in London, Chicago, and Philadelphia. Our more than 250 customers range in size from small firms with just a handful of users to those with more than 14,000. Prosperoware customers include: Akin Gump, Goodwin Procter, Baker Botts, Hill Dickinson, Berwin Leighton Paisner, DLA Piper, Duane Morris, Hughes Hubbard & Reed, Sheppard Mullin, Comcast, and NBCUniversal.
Marketing Manager, Prosperoware LLC