Senior Developer – Thomson Reuters Elite
Location: Wayne, PA, US
Title: Senior Developer
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Elite is looking to hire a Senior Developer to join our Technical Services Delivery team. We require a highly motivated, goal-oriented individual who will be responsible for best practice development across Elite’s technical services team. The Senior Developer will be responsible for the development of solutions that will enable a more efficient delivery (e.g. task automation, common function re-use, boilerplate customer solution frameworks). They will be also provide advanced developer support to the global developer pool where necessary.
Elite is a leading developer of integrated information solutions for professional services firms worldwide. Elite is part of Thomson Reuters and is a premier provider of financial and practice management systems to the legal industry and to other professional services markets, including accounting, marketing services, and management and IT consulting.
Elite develops proven software solutions and delivers expert professional services that help customers enhance their core business competencies and sharpen their strategic focus. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Elite maintains offices in Albuquerque, Auckland, Boston, Calgary, Hong Kong, London, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, Singapore and Sydney. More than 60% of the AmLaw 100 and Global 100 law firms and nearly 30% of the top CPA firms rely on Elite solutions to manage their business.
Elite – Technical Services – Senior Developer
– Identify solutions to solve problems impacting delivery of Elite products.
– Interpret software requirements in order to design and implement software.
– Gain a complete understanding of the 3E development framework and guidelines and apply to daily software development.
– Translate software design into measureable task and tie estimates. Track time against those tasks on a weekly basis.
– Seek innovative solutions to problems and make recommendations for implementations.
– Establish and maintain good working relationships with services, support and development staff across the globe.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
– 8+ years of total software development experience.
– 5+ years experience in C# or VB.Net
– 5+ years of full life-cycle software development experience
– Experience with MS Visual Studio 2010.
– Innovative problem solving, design and testing skills.
– Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
– Ability to work effectively in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities
– Demonstrates an eagerness to obtain domain knowledge in order to effectively leverage technical qualifications.
– MS and 5 years of experience, or BS and 8 years of experience (Computer Science or Related field).
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2014 fiscal year (October 1, 2013-September 30, 2014).