Senior Infrastructure Analyst – Burness Paull, Glasgow, Aberdeen & Edinburgh
We are a top tier commercial law firm serving an international client base from Scotland. This role can be based in any of our office locations.
If you are interested in this position please click here to apply https://careers.burnesspaull.com/job/senior-infrastructure-analyst-aberdeen-glasgow-edinburgh-64.aspx
• Perform daily maintenance tasks such as checking backups, disk space etc.
• Ensure all work adheres to implemented processes and best practices.
• Project manage and implement new systems.
• Plan, design and implement upgrades.
• System patching and updates.
• Capacity planning.
• Information Security
• Prepare Technical Documents i.e. installation documents and user guides.
• Work effectively with IT colleagues to deliver a quality service;
• Use Technical expertise to develop solutions and options to technical problems;
• Contribute to the development of the team;
• Resolve server hardware and software incidents;
• Resolve Network LAN/WAN incidents;
• Following escalation procedures;
• Develop and test business continuity plans for IT systems.
• Take ownership and resolve incidents raised through the firms Helpdesk.
• Raise incidents or problems for all issues found.
• Assist in the resolution of problems.
• Regularly update the Helpdesk incident logging system with incident and problem status.
• At least 5 year’s experience in a support environment.
• Experience of working in a multiple site environment.
• Experience of providing server support in a Microsoft environment essential.
• Experience of working with VMWare essential.
• A working knowledge of: Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange 2013, SQL2008, IIS.
• Knowledge of any of the following systems and advantage: Solarwinds, EMC VNX SAN/NAS, Sophos Anti-Virus, Zerto, Meraki, ViewFinity
• A working knowledge of LANWAN infrastructure and HP switches would be desirable.
• Good understanding and knowledge of current network protocols and standards, including TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP.
• A working knowledge of Network printing and troubleshooting.
• Experience administering Active Directory.
• Knowledge of a scripting language such as VBScript and PowerShell would be advantageous.
• Problem-solving abilities and experience with problem management and resolution.
• Experience of drafting clear and comprehensive documentation to support technical implementation and administration processes.
• An understanding and experience of IT industry change control processes is desirable.
• Experience in designing and implementing networks, SAN, and Server solutions an advantage.
• Strong information security skills
• Experience and understanding of business issues that may affect delivery of IT services.
• Experience in the legal industry would be desirable.
• Experience dealing directly with suppliers.
• Ability to follow documented procedures.
• Experience working in a flexible small team environment.
• Ability to travel to between our offices as required.
• Ability to use initiative to highlight issues and propose new/different solutions.
• Good communication skills.
• Willingness to work out with normal business hours as required
• An organised approach with the ability to manage own time and priorities.
Please click here to apply https://careers.burnesspaull.com/job/senior-infrastructure-analyst-aberdeen-glasgow-edinburgh-64/apply.aspx