Fieldfisher is an ambitious and growing European law firm providing commercial solutions across a range of industry sectors. The firm has a particular focus on companies that are highly regulated and those with intellectual property and technology driven business models.
The team service its own impressive client base that includes investment banks, international banks, commercial banks, big name brands and international businesses. The firm has over 150 partners, 240 other lawyers and nearly 300 support staff across offices in Brussels, Hamburg, Paris, London, Munich, Manchester, Palo Alto and Shanghai. The firm’s revenue for 2014/15 was £113 million.
The IT Department comprises of the following core teams Helpdesk, Training, Development, Projects and Technical Services, who provide a full service to the Firm. We wish to recruit a Project Manager to join the Projects team.
Objectives of Role:
• To plan, manage and deliver the firms project portfolio and to ensure successful implementations in accordance with client/sponsor requirements.
•To manage a team of up to 4 project managers / business analysts, setting objectives, carrying out performance reviews, managing training and sickness etc. assigning projects and prioritising activities across the team to ensure business needs are met.
•To develop the PMO function bringing in best practice processes and procedures.
• Assume responsibility for the initiation, development and delivery of projects ensuring that key milestones are completed on time and in accordance with defined requirements.
• Produce the project definition to include scope, roles, responsibilities, budgets, timescales and resources
• Prepare comprehensive project plans taking input from technical and business resources
• Assign tasks and activities to members of the project team and ensure the required results are delivered
• Sell the benefits of projects to their target audiences
• Achieve sign off from the sponsor and other stakeholders at key stages of the project
• Identify, analyse, measure and manage project risks
• Provide regular communication to stakeholders throughout the project portfolio lifecycle
• Ensure the project is conducted in accordance with IT Project Management Standards
• Ensure the smooth handover of the project into production
• Undertake Post Implementation Reviews of peer projects
Nature and Scope:
Projects may range from the implementation of a new package in one department to a global implementation and rollout across the whole firm. Many of the projects incorporate a high degree of customisation and automation of IT facilities to minimise the complexity and time spent by users on essential but repetitive tasks.
Key Skills & Experience
• Ability to lead, influence and manage cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams on a day-to-day basis
• Good technical knowledge and understanding
• Strong analytical skills
• Working knowledge of good structured project management methodologies eg Prince 2 and Agile
• Good commercial knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Capable of producing high quality documentation
• Good team player
• Flexible and pragmatic, yet resolute and decisive
• Experience of managing a team of project managers, their workload and the project portfolio.
• Degree level education or equivalent, alternatively a recognised project management qualification
• Several years commercial experience as a project manager
• Prince 2 qualified or must have a very good understanding of the methodology
• Broad experience of IT, both technology and development
• Experience of working within professional services organisations, ideally in a law firm
Fieldfisher aim to provide equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant’s suitability to meet the requirements of the role.
Click here to apply: http://www.professionalsinlaw.com/job/8088/senior-project-manager-it/