Senior Project Manager, Law Firm, London, to £75k
Senior Project Manager. Law Firm London – to £75,000 plus bens
Our client is a rapidly expanding international law firm with offices across the UK. The firm is now looking to hire a Prince2 Certified Senior Project Manager, ideally with experience in the legal sector.
Objectives of Role:
• To plan, manage and deliver the firms project portfolio and to ensure successful implementations in accordance with client/sponsor requirements.
•To manage a team of up to 4 project managers / business analysts, setting objectives, carrying out performance reviews, managing training and sickness etc. assigning projects and prioritising activities across the team to ensure business needs are met.
•To develop the PMO function bringing in best practice processes and procedures.
• Assume responsibility for the initiation, development and delivery of projects ensuring that key milestones are completed on time and in accordance with defined requirements.
• Produce the project definition to include scope, roles, responsibilities, budgets, timescales and resources
• Prepare comprehensive project plans taking input from technical and business resources
• Assign tasks and activities to members of the project team and ensure the required results are delivered
• Sell the benefits of projects to their target audiences
• Achieve sign off from the sponsor and other stakeholders at key stages of the project
• Identify, analyse, measure and manage project risks
• Provide regular communication to stakeholders throughout the project portfolio lifecycle
• Ensure the project is conducted in accordance with IT Project Management Standards
• Ensure the smooth handover of the project into production
• Undertake Post Implementation Reviews of peer projects
Nature and Scope:
Projects may range from the implementation of a new package in one department to a global implementation and rollout across the whole firm. Many of the projects incorporate a high degree of customisation and automation of IT facilities to minimise the complexity and time spent by users on essential but repetitive tasks.
Key Skills & Experience
• Ability to lead, influence and manage cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams on a day-to-day basis
• Good technical knowledge and understanding
• Strong analytical skills
• Working knowledge of good structured project management methodologies eg Prince 2 and Agile
• Good commercial knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Capable of producing high quality documentation
• Good team player
• Flexible and pragmatic, yet resolute and decisive
• Experience of managing a team of project managers, their workload and the project portfolio.
• Degree level education or equivalent, alternatively a recognised project management qualification
• Several years commercial experience as a project manager
• Prince 2 qualified or must have a very good understanding of the methodology
• Broad experience of IT, both technology and development
• Experience of working within professional services organisations, ideally in a law firm
The firm offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits