Situations Vacant – probably
We've just had a meeting with a firm of headhunters, who wantde to pick our brains as they are looking to recruit a business development director for a large legal IT supplier. While they were settling the bill, we took the opportunity to take a close look at the job spec. This is what it said (probably)…
1. Ability to see in the dark.
2. Good communicator, but with an uncanny ability of not actually saying anything of substance.
3. Team player, or better still a referee-minded personality who is used to keeping at least two opposing sides playing the same game in a confined market space.
4. At least 5 years successful track record. (Because let’s face it, they’re the last years of success you’ll have!!!)
5. Good understanding of the legal market. (However, if you really had this you wouldn’t want the job!!!)