Software Consultant – RAVN Systems
RAVN are currently in an expansion phase and are seeking a Software Consultant who is looking for an opportunity to build and expand their skill-set in a dynamic business environment. We can offer the successful candidate an opportunity to join a rapidly growing and already profitable software company in its exciting early stages of expansion.
It is required that the candidate possess excellent communication skills with the ability to learn new skills rapidly and have a desire to work within a young and dynamic company. A passion for owning problems to a successful resolution and being a professional face of the company are vital attributes for this role.
Our offices are in the ‘Silicon Roundabout’ area in Shoreditch, East London, close to Old Street Tube Station.
The selected candidate will be responsible for working within the professional services team at RAVN for
* translating clients’ business and user requirements into technical requirements
* architecting search based solutions across large Enterprise networks
* writing technical implementation proposals
* participating in post-sales engagements and deploying the proposed solutions
* conducting training sessions with customers
* working with the RAVN support team to offer technical assistance to existing customers
* working with the RAVN sales team on pre-sales support such as proposals and presentations
* being a product evangelist to help win business with new and existing customers
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
For this position, we are considering candidates who have just graduated from university and keen to work in this field but also candidates with proven experience in a technical pre-sales or post-sales role.
* be comfortable in a client-facing environment
* have a strong academic background with at least a BSc in Computer Science from a leading university
* have some programming experience (Java/.Net) and have knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell, etc)
Knowledge of any of the following would be advantageous:
* search-based technologies such as Lucene, Solr, Xapian or HP IDOL
* SQL databases and/or object store technologies (eg, MongoDB, Cassandra)
* Microsoft SharePoint technologies
Personal skills and abilities required include:
* high energy level
* self motivated
* excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
* analytical skills
Salary & Benefits
We offer a highly attractive package that includes a salary that reflects the high calibre of the people that we employ.
Interested? Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.