Clifford Chance is one of the world’s leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for the ongoing systems technical and solution design in line with the strategic business and technical drivers of Clifford Chance. His or her solution architect experience and skills will complement the major technical areas within the IT Department’s remit. Their major tasks will be sourced from a variety of strategic initiatives, projects, enhancement and change requests and support issues.
• Act as a key liaison between product and technology and rationalizes the portfolio of products against the technology stack/architecture and capabilities
• Understand future product vision and translates desired capabilities/modifications to the technology stack and help technology stay ahead of the curve
• Investigate and provide recommendations on future application innovations and its corresponding technology feasibility
• Evaluate vendor/partnership capabilities vs in house capabilities for new innovations
• Establish high, mid and micro level plans, set technical direction, anticipate issues/risks and translate client business requirements into system designs
• Work closely with the offshore development teams and onshore product managers to help deliver enhancements/changes to internally built LOB applications. Produce High Level Designs where appropriate for larger scale changes and enforce rigour around the technical quality of the output from the development process
• Help mentor where appropriate at a technical level the offshore developers
• Provide input in to the production of consistent development standards for bespoke and customised LOB applications
• Assess and select package IT solutions in partnership with the business and IT giving due consideration to the overall Enterprise Architecture blueprint and overarching IT Strategy.
Skills and Qualifications
• Demonstrate proven experience of translating high level business requirements in to technology architectures
• Demonstrate detailed examples of managing the end to end solution throughout the project lifecycle. Demonstrable strong track record of working in an solution architecture capacity
• Demonstrable track record of working in a professional services environment or a banking/financial markets environment
• Strong problem solving skills showing ability to work from basic principles
• Good team mentoring skills showing ability to work on their own initiative and take appropriate courses of action/decision making
• Proven ability to keep up to date with technical developments and to adapt expertise accordingly
• Experience of working closely with offshore/distributed teams especially those based in India
• Technical Skills should include most of the following :
SharePoint 2010 or 2013 technologies and programming
Multi-tier architecture and N-tier/Layered applications
SOAP and WSDL and general web services standards
ASP.Net, .Net, Silverlight and general Microsoft stack knowledge
Mobile and Consumerisation technologies
Web Application Development
Agile and Lean methodologies especially Scrum or Kanban
Exposure to and understanding of Cloud technologies.
Click here to apply: http://www.professionalsinlaw.com/job/7624/solution-architect/