£50-58k – Permanent
This is a brilliant opportunity to work for a leading international law firm based in Essex. Our client is looking for a strong SQL Administrator who has a proven track record of database administration for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and 2012.
You will be reporting to the IT Applications Manager and your primary responsibility will be to support the legal application databases (SQL). In addition you will be working as part of a project team responsible for a large implementation projects, you may also get the opportunity to lead your own smaller projects.
Our client is looking for somebody who is personable with excellent communication and customer service skills. You will need a can-do’ attitude.
This will be an autonomous position where you will be responsible for the SQL estate and with the opportunity to drive forward and improve the database estate for the firm, gaining valuable exposure to the business.
• Database administration for Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012
• Experience of monitoring, managing and administering SQL database particularly those that underpin case management systems.
• Experience of identifying and explaining opportunities to improve performance, response and capacity of applications particularly around database performance.
• Experience of working in a Legal environment.
• Experience of Autonomy (formerly Interwoven iManage Worksite/FileSite), versions 8.2 and 8.5.
• Data Warehousing (DW/ DWH/ EDW)
• Projects: Implement new applications and upgrades and changes to existing systems
• Operations: Ownership, management and proactive & reactive support for the firm’s databases and case management system
• Service Delivery: Delivery of a courteous, effective and timely support service
• IT Training: Assisting in the development of the IT Training for the firm’s staff
• Procurement and Supplier Management: Specify application requirements in conjunction with the firm’s IT Department and operational teams, consultants and suppliers.