Technical Support Consultant- Tower Connect
Technical Support Consultant- (London- Permanent)
The client is a leading global provider of legal knowhow, legal news, market intelligence and software for lawyers, who practice in law firms, in corporate legal departments and in the public sector.
Working as a Technical Support Consultant within the team you will be responsible for first line customer support and delivering minor enhancements to customer solutions.
You will provide courteous and prompt operational support relating to assigned application systems. This includes mitigating customer impact of issues, initiating action to determine root causes and implementing problem resolution. Maintaining the list of open calls and ensure that they are being addressed by the team in compliance with the service level agreements in place with the particular customers. Perform software installation and customer training. The Technical Support Consultant is responsible for monitoring the status of federated search connectors and hosted customer-facing applications, reporting any problems to team members.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• First line customer support, including call logging, tracking and investigation
• Maintenance and monitoring of the online support portal
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the production of internal and external reports as necessary
• Create and maintain product and solution documentation including: Training Materials, Installation Guides, Release Notes …
• An analytical approach to problem solving with an attention to detail and quality
• Issue and maintain customer product licenses
• A willingness and ability to travel in the UK and beyond as necessary
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
• Development experience, ideally in a .Net environment
• Knowledge of Internet Information System (IIS)
• Windows client and server administration experience
• Microsoft SQL Server development experience
• Excellent technical and non-technical problem solving skills
• Self-starter and proactive, always aiming for setting and achieving higher standards
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work on many tasks simultaneously
• Good client communication with excellent listening skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Windows security knowledge with experience of Active Directory.
Education/ Certifications Required:
• Computer Science or related degree or relevant experience
The company are offering a very good salary along with a fantastic benefits package and an opportunity to advance your career working for a global leader. Please email me ASAP if interested in this role. Contact: email@example.com