Technical Support Consultant
A leading software consultancy firm who work with corporate legal clients and provide document management systems, support services and consultancy for the corporate legal world.
The technical support representative will install and configure applications represented by the company, diagnose hardware / software faults and solve technical problems, either over the phone, by e-mail, via remote diagnostics, or face-to-face on client site.
This work is as much about understanding how software packages are used by the clients as well as applying detailed technical knowledge.
Responsibilities will typically include:
• Installing and configuring computer systems;
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
• Logging and managing support requests;
• Prioritising and managing several open cases at one time;
• Taking staff / clients through a series of actions – either face-to-face or over the telephone;
• Troubleshooting system problems and diagnosing and solving software faults;
• Finding solutions to problems;
• Escalating and managing issues through to resolution with the appropriate vendor;
• Distributing the latest software releases, service packs or patches to the appropriate customers;
• Providing support documentation, including procedural documentation;
• Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
• Running network applications to support system and users;
• Supporting new applications;
• Setting up new users;
• Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
• Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with clients on their premises to make necessary repairs;
• Testing / evaluating new technology
The candidate for this role must have previous experience of working on a technical support helpdesk, within a legal software supplier or a law firm. The ideal candidate would have previous experience of supporting iManage Work (WorkSite) and it would be a bonus if this includes WorkSite server experience and system administration.
The company are offering a very competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Candidates interested in this role should email their CV to email@example.com