Technical Team Lead- Tower Connect Ltd
Technical Team Lead (London, Competitive salary and an excellent benefits package)
Position Type: Permanent
Role Purpose/ Summary:
A global leading Software Vendor are going through a period of high demand and growth, and now have an opportunity for a Technical Team Leader.
This leading software vendor globally provide critical online, support tools, news, software and services for Solicitors who practice in law firms, in corporate legal departments and in the public sector.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Responsible for technical delivery of court implementation projects.
• Define, recruit and manage a team consisting of developers and testers – a contingent of which will be offshore.
• Deliver projects within an Agile delivery framework, ensuring Agile practices.
• Technically advise and lead on development work, estimation and solution identification.
• Oversee and implement the test strategy.
• Build up good working relationships and trust with external customers.
• Help define and work to high quality standards, always ensuring code is maintainable and supportable.
• Ensure knowledge sharing and collaboration across development group to ensure we work effectively.
• Management and supporting team career development.
• Work closely and aligned with the US team, inputting into system and technical architecture decisions and direction.
• Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
• Strong Java technical background with hands-on experience.
• Test experience, setting and directing QA test engineers.
• Good communication skills, with an ability to form relationships internally and externally.
• Ability to work in a busy delivery environment handling and prioritising multiple tasks.
• Effective team working, delegation, mentoring, time management and prioritisation.
• Understanding of Agile practices and comfortable in their implementation.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Agile Project Delivery Methodologies (DSDM ideally)
• Experience of managing offshore teams
• Defining architecture and infrastructure solutions
• Implementing and working in a continuous delivery environment
BSc or equivalent in Computer Science or related degree (preferable although not essential)
The company are offering a very good salary along with a fantastic benefits package and an opportunity to advance your career working for a global leader. If this is of interest please email your cv ASAP. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org