The April issue of the Legal IT Insider newsletter is out now – read it here free!
Welcome to the latest issue of the Legal IT Insider newsletter (April 2016 #292). This is our biggest ever issue and, along with all our usual news and reports, also includes the results of our own Brexit v Bremain flash poll plus a full report on the recent Legal Leaders IT Forum at Gleneagles.
TOP STORIES INCLUDE:
• Shall we stay or shall we go? The Great EU Bremain versus Brexit debate – Legal IT Insider has conducted its own extensive survey of the legal market, gathering responses from over 300 law firms partners, QCs, IT directors and vendors and found that 78% want remain in the EU. Our coverage, shared exclusively with The Times newspaper, includes comment from both camps.
• Civica acquires Norwel, one of the oldest established players in the UK market, to boost its position in both the public/local authority inhouse legal sector and in the private practice law firms market.
Legal Leaders IT Forum
• Change Management – leading by example – and why law firms are no good at legal service products and delivery R&D
• Legal Process Management (LPM) and Alternative Legal Services – beware the danger of technology for technology’s sake warns Cathy Mattis of Herbert Smith Freehills
• Artificial Intelligence (AI) – don’t believe the hype – AI fell into “a long winter of discontent 20 years ago because it couldn’t measure up to the hype” comments Professor Burkhard Schafer. “Just because a computer is good at playing boardgames doesn’t mean that in three years’ time they will replace humans in all other activities as well!”
• Innovate – Automate – Collaborate – Three leading law firm heads of IT: Andrew Brammer of Allen & Overy + David Aird of DAC Beachcroft + Maurice Tunney of Keystone Law identify top priorities & market trends.
• Quote of the Month #1 “I would like to see more law firm IT directors” …Simon Adcock, head of professional services at HSBC Bank, adding that when a law firm asks for a loan, there needs to be more clarity on whether the firm has an IT strategy that matches its business plan.
• Quote of the Month #2 “We change IT systems at a rate that would make CIOs’ hair go white!” …Alex Hamilton, cofounder & CEO of Radiant Law
PLUS your favourites…
• Who’s in and Who’s out: all the latest wins and deals from around the UK, American, APAC and EMEA legal markets.
• Movers & Shakers: who is coming, who is going – and who has gone.
By popular request, here’s a flip-book version of the newsletter offering print, sharing, bookmarking and full-screen viewing capabilities. As it uses HTML5 rather than Flash, it is Android & iOS smartphone & tablet friendly.
• If you are on the email distribution list you will be receiving your copy anytime now
• You can also download the digital edition (NB it is a 4.4 Mb PDF file) FREE of charge HERE
• You can also sign up to receive your FREE copy direct to your email inbox by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the words Digital Subs in the header or by using the sign-up facility on this site here legaltechnology.com/latest-newsletter/
• If you want to forward on a copy of this newsletter to a friend, please do
• If you use our Legal IT Insider IOS app – that will be live anytime now on your iPhone and iPad
Our next issue (No #293 – May) will be out on Wednesday 25 May 2016