The December issue of the Legal IT Insider newsletter is out now
Welcome to the latest issue of the Legal IT Insider newsletter – December 2016 #298
TOP STORIES INCLUDE:
• BT talks about automated triage + SharePoint document assembly + the RAVN AI relationship
• The Big Feature: Caroline Hill talks to leading law firm IT directors about the last 12 months – was 2016 the year legal tech finally grew up with new business models, new perspectives and new technologies?
• Freshfields global innovation architect Milos Kresojevic talks about tech and innovation – forget the cloud, that’s just infrastructure – the really radical and disruptive technologies will be AI/machine learning + document automation + blockchain
• 2016 in Quotes from the Market:
“A fast moving and demanding market where cybercrime is becoming ever more prevalent. Tech is developing at a faster pace than ever and it’s imperative to invest in the right technology at the right time to keep ahead of the game” …Bruna Pellicci, global IT director, Ashurst
“The year iManage regained their mojo. The future of the desktop suddenly became clearer: it’s hybrid Windows 10 devices. Legal AI went from bleeding edge novelty to me-too mimicry but without a clear direction. It looked like SAP might finally be in the game. People stopped saying is it OK to go to the cloud!” …Daniel Pollick, CIO DLA Piper
• Watson Farley & Williams in major shake-up of its IT operations + LexisNexis launches legal tech startup accelerator + Linklaters opens Apple Store-style IT shop – no Genius Bar but you can Ask IT + Fletchers team up with Liverpool University in in £225k AI R&D project + FromCounsel launch legal KM challenger to LexisNexis and Practical Law
• On the Sofa with Andrew Arruda, the co-founder & CEO of ROSS – 2017 will be the year AI supercharges lawyers abilities
• Diary Date: more news about our Legal Leaders IT Forum at Gleneagles – make a date for 1-to-3 March 2017
PLUS your favourites…
• Who’s in and Who’s out: all the latest wins and deals from around the UK, American, APAC and EMEA legal markets.
• Movers & Shakers: who is coming, who is going – and who has gone.
By popular request, here’s a flip-book version of the newsletter offering print, sharing, bookmarking and full-screen viewing capabilities. As it uses HTML5 rather than Flash, it is Android & iOS smartphone & tablet friendly.
• If you are on the email distribution list you will be receiving your copy anytime now
• You can also download the digital edition (NB it is a 3.0 Mb PDF file) HERE free of charge
• You can also sign up to receive your FREE copy direct to your email inbox by emailing email@example.com with the words Digital Subs in the header or by using the sign-up facility on this site here http://www.legaltechnology.com//latest-newsletter/
• If you want to forward on a copy of this newsletter to a friend, please do
• If you use our Legal IT Insider IOS app – that will be live anytime now on your iPhone and iPad
Our next issue (No #299 – January) will be out on Wednesday 25 January 2017