The January issue of the Legal IT Insider newsletter is out now
Welcome to the latest issue of the Legal IT Insider newsletter – January 2017 #299
TOP STORIES INCLUDE:
• Socialmedia: Herbert Smith Freeholds rolls out Microsoft Yammer aka Facebook for business (tho without the Lolcats)
• Cybersecurity: New market research by LexisNexis and Legal IT Insider into the drafting habits of lawyers warns that cybercriminals do not stand still PLUS DataBarracks warns that 80% of law firm disaster recoveries now involve cyber attacks
• DMS: iManage releases Work 10 – and DLA Piper CIO Daniel Pollick says it is “the best thing to come out of iManage for 10-15 years”
• David Lumsden, the new CEO of RAVN Systems, talks next steps – and admits RAVN cofounder Peter Wallqvist “has a brain the size of a planet”
• 2017 The Year in Focus: the Insider talks to leading legal tech vendors and consultants including Aderant, DPS Software, Eclipse Legal Systems, Fulcrum GT, LexisNexis Enterprise Solutions, Linetime, Peppermint Technology, Slicedbread, Thomson Reuters Elite, iManage, NetDocuments, Phoenix Business Solutions, Tikit, DocsCorp, Enable Business Solutions, Yorkshire, Databarracks, Neota Logic, Fireman & Co, Janders Dean, and Lights-On Consulting.
• Robots: we look at the EU Parliament’s discussions on giving robots a special legal status with Andrew Joint of Kemp Little
• How not to handle a CEO departure #101: we look at the way Nuix handled the sudden and surprise departure of its co-founder & CEO Eddie Sheehy – and shake our heads
• Quote/Unquote: “Are there any mainstream vendors (other than Peppermint) still trying to persuade the world that Sharepoint is a credible DMS for law firms?”
• Diary Date: more news about our Legal Leaders IT Forum at Gleneagles – make a date for 1-to-3 March 2017 – Speakers include Accenture, Norton Rose Fulbright, Barclays. For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLUS your favourites…
• Who’s in and Who’s out: all the latest wins and deals from around the UK, American, APAC and EMEA legal markets.
• Movers & Shakers: who is coming, who is going – and who has gone.
By popular request, here’s a flip-book version of the newsletter offering print, sharing, bookmarking and full-screen viewing capabilities. As it uses HTML5 rather than Flash, it is Android & iOS smartphone & tablet friendly.
• If you are on the email distribution list you will be receiving your copy anytime now
• You can also download the digital edition (NB it is a 2.0 Mb PDF file) HERE free of charge
• You can also sign up to receive your FREE copy direct to your email inbox by emailing email@example.com with the words Digital Subs in the header or by using the sign-up facility on this site here http://www.legaltechnology.com//latest-newsletter/
• If you want to forward on a copy of this newsletter to a friend, please do
• If you use our Legal IT Insider IOS app – that will be live anytime now on your iPhone and iPad
Our next issue (No #300 – February) will be out on Wednesday 22 February 2017