Welcome to the latest issue of the Legal IT Insider newsletter (January 2015 # 279)
TOP STORIES INCLUDE:
• DMS for Law Firms: the state of the market in 2015 – After so many stories from the SharePoint Fan Club and the ShareWhatsThePoint Doubters, we’ve thrown the Insider open to every legal document management systems supplier with a pulse to set out their stalls. We’ve got Microsoft. We’ve got Epona. We’ve got HP WorkSite, NetDocuments and Worldox. And we’ve even got news of a new entrant into the legal DMS market: MetaJure Smart.
• Market Leaders Ahoy! We have news of vendors staking their claims as market leaders – Bar Squared with LEX in the English Bar and LexisNexis with Lexis Draft in the legal proof reading applications sector
• Who’s In & Who’s Out? – All this month’s wins, deals, swapouts & rollouts in the UK, North American, EMEA, APAC and eDiscovery sectors including ConvergeTS winning their first £1 million+ deal in the UK, Pillsbury Winthrop in the US going with NetDocuments, and Arnold Bloch Leibler in Australia switching to Aderant Expert.
• Have we a great Legal IT show for you! – Read all about our new industry tradeshow Inside Legal IT, taking place in London this year on 12th May. We aim to combine a great venue to do serious business with some serious fun. For the latest updates follow #ilit15 on Twitter
• Catch Talking Tech with Charles Christian – In our new legal IT video interviews series, the latest episode features Keith Lipman of Prosperoware talking about Legal Practice Management (LPM). We’ve also got Tikit, Rekoop, Bellefield, LexisNexis and Intapp on time capture technology.
• Meanwhile, 10 years ago: LexisNexis had just bought the InterAction CRM system from Interface Software and a survey of in-house legal departments found that only 4% of them enjoyed using the extranet portals provided by their law firms.
• You can also download the digital edition (it is a 2.8 Mb PDF file) FREE of charge HERE
Our next issue will be out on Wednesday 25 February 2015.