Overall scope of role
Developing and delivering training to users at all levels within the firm, across all offices. Encouraging better use of the firm’s IT systems; improving IT literacy and productivity; promoting best practice, and adherence to firm policies. Providing input into the development of the IT systems through knowledge acquired working with the end users.
• To ensure that any new Ince employee in any office is trained to the necessary minimum standard required to perform their job function through induction training.
• Developing and delivering high quality end user training, both to individuals and groups; providing them with the necessary skills and knowledge for them to be efficient and productive users of the firm’s IT Systems.
• Delivering a range of business skills training in support of the firm’s business strategy.
• Creation of high quality user documentation for all relevant training courses; bulletins / advisories and general training guides.
• Assisting with improvements to training through feedback gained during training and general user interaction.
Key communication and relationships
• Reports to the Learning & Development Manager.
• Working with and supporting Service Desk colleagues.
• Developing and delivering high quality end user training, both one-to-one and classroom based, on the firm’s Information Technology software and hardware systems.
• Developing and delivering a range of business skills training courses, both one-to-one and classroom/presentation based.
• Developing training materials and documentation for IT and business skills areas.
• Scheduling courses and organising attendance; tracking delegate attendance for reporting purposes.
• Maintaining a collection of training and ‘how to’ reference guides in the DMS and / or published on the Intranet.
• Creating and maintaining high quality user documentation in support of all training courses provided; Delivering tailored one-to-one training sessions for senior professional staff.
• Providing guidance to users on best practice use of the firm’s information systems, and promoting awareness / helping to enforce appropriate policies.
• Assisting the L&D Manager in marketing the capabilities of the firm’s IT systems through appropriate mediums and initiatives (show and tells, seminars, email updates, etc).
• Providing assistance to the Service Desk in relation to advanced user queries relating to application functionality; and formulating appropriate ad-hoc training as required.
• Responsible for creation of electronic surveys as required from time to time.
Skills, qualifications and experience needed
• Previous experience working as a technology focused trainer, preferably in a legal or other professional services environment, both developing and delivering training solutions.
• Experience with developing through e-learning technologies desirable.
• Strong time management and organisational skills with the ability to multitask effectively.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to clearly communicate concepts and details to both individuals and groups in a professionally presented manner.
• Competent and confident in dealing with people at all organisational levels.
• Excellent knowledge of desktop applications especially MS Office (pref 2010, minimum 2007), Desktop Operating systems (Windows XP and Windows 7); PC hardware and peripherals (including PCs, Printers, laptops, Blackberry, etc); Document Management Systems and other related Legal industry applications e.g. Time Recording.
• Ability to self-learn and assimilate new technologies and applications.
For a full job spec. please contact firstname.lastname@example.org