UK legal IT events – June round-up
Back from the long weekend and wondering what to do? Here’s a list of some upcoming events in June…
• Security and Governance in the Legal Cloud is a forum for legal IT professionals to share insights, strategy and experience of the maturing role of cloud computing in leading firms. The day will feature Frank Jennings, (Chair of the Code Governance Board at the Cloud Industry Forum and Cloud Lawyer at DMH Stallard LLP) surveying the landscape of cloud computing trends in the legal sector today. Other key topics of the day include a breakdown of the Criminal Justice Secure eMail requirements for cloud based email systems and best practices for maintaining watertight security when using cloud service providers for Disaster Recovery. Following the event there will be an opportunity for drinks and networking.
The dates are Tuesday 4 June from 14:00 to 17:00 (BST) Bristol + Tuesday 11 June 2013 from 14:00 to 17:00 (BST) Manchester. For more details visit www.databarracks.com/company/about-us/events/legal-events/
• LiliConnect – The next LiliConnect event, on 25 June is Getting To Know Your Lawyers LiliConnect, the women in legal networking group, are delighted to have as their speakers Pennie Evans, founder of Integra Training, and Laura King, Partner, Global Head of HR and Talent, at Clifford Chance, who will share a light-hearted insight into how you can use Myers Briggs personality profiling to really get to know your lawyers.
LiliConnect provides a forum for women to network over a glass of wine while benefiting from hearing inspirational speakers. The LiliConnect events have been running for over two years and the formula of blending fun networking with excellent speakers has proven to be a powerful one. The event will be held on Tuesday 25th June starting at 6pm at Holborn Bars, 138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2NQ and is being sponsored by Canotec and Nikec. Anyone wishing to attend should register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org The events are free to attend, although attendees are encouraged to purchase a raffle ticket with all takings going to charity. The criteria for membership are set out below. More information can also be found at www.liliconnect.com
• Using IT to enhance efficiency in the management and delivery of legal services – ClearPeople has over a decade of experience in delivering industry-leading document management, intranet, extranet and website solutions for some of the UK’s leading law firms and corporate legal departments, and is proud to present this upcoming seminar on enhancing efficiencies in the legal sector at Microsoft’s office at Cardinal Place in London on Thursday June 27. (This is a change of date.)
The legal services market continues to experience pressure to control costs and manage budgets. This pressure comes both from the ultimate clients and from regulatory changes such as the Legal Services Act and Jackson reforms. Efficiency is key, but many law firms and in-house teams struggle with the management of complex cases and workloads.To what extent are SharePoint, document management, matter management tools and data integration contributing to efficiency?
Featuring key presentations from Katherine Ward (Vodafone), Tim Barlow (Stephenson Harwood) and Melanie Farquharson (3Kites Consulting) – plus a SharePoint 2013 demo from ClearPeople’s SharePoint experts, this free seminar will explore how the use of technology and the presentation of actionable management information are helping law firms to deliver efficiencies and will consider the potential for the future.
Space is limited, so please register now to secure your place: www.clearpeople.com/events
Date: Thursday June 27th, 2013
Time: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Where: Microsoft’s Office in Cardinal Place, 80-100 Victoria Street, London, SW1E
Cost: Free of charge; includes free breakfast
• 09:00 – 09:30 Registration, tea and coffee
• 09:30 – 09:40 Welcome and Introduction
• 09:40 – 10:15 Challenges Faced by In-House Legal Teams (Katherine Ward, Vodafone)
• 10:15 – 10:45 How to Manage Information Effectively (Tim Barlow, Stephenson Harwood)
• 10:45 – 11:15 Break for Breakfast and Networking
• 11:15 – 12:00 Matter Management (Melanie Farquharson, 3Kites Consulting)
• 12:00 – 12:20 The Future of Legal IT, as ClearPeople sees it (Gabriel Karawani, ClearPeople)
• 12:20 – 12:40 SharePoint 2013 demo (James Callaghan, ClearPeople)
• 12:40 – 12:55 ClearPeople Question Time: QA with presenters
• 12:55 – 13:00 Summary & Close