News from the Land Registry…
• The Land Registry's House Price Index is now live. www.landregistry.gov.uk
• The Land Registry has also announced that the Business Gateway is now open to all customers beyond those selected for the initial pilot. The LR say…
“Business Gateway is the B2B technology platform that allows you to access Land Registry services using XML via the Internet. We developed it in response to customers growing need to access our services directly from their Case Management Systems (CMS). This initial release of Business Gateway offers:
• Official Copy where Title Number is known (OC1)
• Official Copy of documents referred to in the register (OC2)
• Official Search of Whole with Priority (OS1)
• Title number enquiry by property description
• Land Charges Bankruptcy Search (K16) and
2. Network Service
• Electronic Charge in Standard Form (create Charge (e-CSF) and make it effective)
“Customer feedback during the course of the pilot so far has been invaluable, and we would like to thank all pilot participants for their contribution throughout this process. Many more of you have provided us with feedback and we would like to thank you for this too. The Business Gateway was initially aimed at conveyancers in the remortgage market who had a CMS, and who could benefit from further automation of their processes. This tended to be the higher volume conveyancers.
“During the course of the project, the views of other conveyancers and their software vendors and other intermediary service providers were put to us, and highlighted further the need to broaden access.Having proved the technical resilience of the service during the initial pilot period, we are now in a position to offer increased access to the Business Gateway. The changes mean that the Business Gateway can be used by (amongst others):
• HIP providers
• Property search or other intermediaries
• Providers of hosted services
• Debt recovery agencies
“There are a number of intermediary solutions that are possible, and given that this is a new market for Business Gateway, we would like to exercise some caution until we are more familiar with this environment. As such, we would be pleased to discuss your solution with you and ensure the Business Gateway and the associated legal agreements are suitable. You will need to sign up to Land Registry portal to gain access to the Business Gateway, and those wishing to use the Electronic Charge in Standard form (e-CSF) will still need to enter into and be bound by the requirements of our Network Access Agreement. Please contact the Channel Partners Team on the email below for further details.
There have been a number of changes as a result of the tests carried out during pilot, which will need to be implemented before we consider the pilot fully completed.
• An improved Test System is currently being built that will allow easier access for a larger number of testers to overcome limitations found with the original test system. This is planned to be available at the end of January 2010.
• Further software improvements are being implemented and will be released on 1st March 2010.
• To help you with the new service, we are holding a Technical Workshop during the week of 25th January 2010. Please register your interest by email to the address below.
“We now look forward to welcoming you to the Business Gateway. Please contact the Channel Partner Team on email@example.com and one of our account managers will contact you to discuss the sign-up process.