Web Application Support Engineer / Java / Apache HTTP Web Server / Windows server / SaaS
Permanent – London
£55,000 – £65,000 per annum
*Legal experience highly advantageous for this role*
We’re currently seeking a Web Application Support Engineer. A fantastic opportunity to join a leading SaaS provider working with some of the worlds largest law firms.
The Web Application Support Engineer will be tasked with providing second and third line support and advice to external clients and internal stakeholders. You will also ensure the delivery layer meets SLAs for live running and ensure that application is performing at its optimum.
• Day-to-day operational and functional support of the back end of the web applications, including basic infrastructure support
• Build and Release upgrades for the application
• Liaising with development team and support team to provide solutions
• Maintaining application stability
• Performance monitoring and optimisation
• Java Web Application development / support background
• Windows Server 2012. PowerShell. DNS / AD.
• Apache HTTP Web Server; installation, configuration, troubleshooting. SSL Certificates.
• Apache Tomcat; configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, JVM optimisation
• MS SQL Server 2012; understanding of SQL queries, maintenance plans, alerting
• Exposure and working knowledge set of networking concepts
• Ability to analyse application and server logs, error interpretation
• Proven problem solving ability
• Understanding of virtualisation technologies
• Understanding of ITIL Best Practice
• Understanding of web server security and common threat methods