Workshare launch Powerpoint comparison software – updated
If you belief Microsoft Powerpoint is the spawn of the devil, then don't read on. If you believe it does have a valuable role to play then this new product launch by Workshare should be of interest…
Workshare today introduced Workshare Compare for PowerPoint, software which allows for fast, flexible and easy comparisons of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations. For the first time, PowerPoint users have an easy and intuitive way to track and manage edits made in PowerPoint slides – whether it is changes made by collaborators and reviewers, or within various versions of a presentation made by one individual.
Workshare Compare for PowerPoint provides PowerPoint users with an easy way to identify slides and slide elements that have been modified, deleted, or inserted. Users can initiate a comparison directly within the PowerPoint interface to identify changes to text, images, speaker notes, fonts, the slide master, and more. Whether comparing and identifying the differences in small presentations or those with 1000+ slides, Workshare Compare for PowerPoint provides ease of use and flexibility with multiple slide views, custom comparison themes, and reporting options that provide a complete history of changes. And after identifying the differences between presentations, Workshare Compare for PowerPoint enables users to easily combine slides from different versions into a single master presentation.
Key features of Workshare Compare for PowerPoint which appeal to frequent presentation writers and reviewers include:
• fast and accurate presentation comparison for slide decks
• ability to manage changes and save as a new Microsoft PowerPoint presentation
• use of colour-coding to enable users to easily locate changes
• display of source presentations as well as change summary in one view
• efficient review of PowerPoint slides, incorporating content from previous versions or edits provided by colleagues
• multiple options for comparing elements within slides and is easily configurable for colours and effects
• comparisons for slide moves, insertions and deletions; text and/or image changes; speaker note changes; textbox and hyperlink changes
Workshare Compare for PowerPoint is available now and a 14-day trial can be downloaded directly from www.workshare.com Pricing is subscription based at £110.00 per year – and here's a screenshot…
Update: We've since learned that “Partner and direct customers are eligible for special pricing promotions if they purchased full Workshare Professional prior to Nov 3, 2009, as long as they were current with support and did not purchase their licenses online. If a customer needs clarification on eligibility, they should contact their Sales Representative.” Which roughly translated means that if you have 20+ licences on support, you get Compare for PowerPoint free as a thank-you for customer loyalty.